Thursday, December 24, 2009
- Scour Harper’s Bazaar for a preview of the best looks from designers' spring lines.
- Secure your spot on the waitlists for the most covetable pieces.
- Couture collections are shown in Paris. Look for trends that you can work into your own wardrobe.
- Spring clothes land in stores. Look out for the season's key pieces.
- Assess your wardrobe and determine what pieces are missing or need refreshing.
- Act fast: The best shoes and bags sell out first.
- Fall fashions debut in New York, Milan, and Paris.
- Spring fashion is in high gear in stores and in the magazines.
- Tear pages from magazines of your favorite pieces to help you shop.
- Check the Internet for the fall collections. Pick your favorite looks now.
- Time to transition into your lightweight wardrobe.
- Try swapping your suits for springy dresses.
- Buy a trench! If you have a classic khaki already, get a new one in black or crisp white.
- Start thinking summer! Pull out your sandals, shorts, and sundresses from storage and see what needs to be updated or refurbished.
- Don't put it off: Get out there and shop for a new swimsuit. Give yourself time to find the perfect one — this is one area where you especially don't want to be left with too few or ill-fitting options.
- Prefall lines are in stores. It's a good time to buy basics and classics.
- Stay chic in the heat with breezy pieces and strategic layering.
- Summer-sales alert! Scour the racks for any designer goodies you may have missed out on.
- Get your first peek at the newest trends and essential pieces for fall.
- Call stores and secure your favorite pieces now, before they hit the shelves.
- It's Paris couture time again. See what trends will influence fashion in the upcoming year.
- Fall fashions hit stores. Pull out the to-buy list you made in February and run to your favorite shops.
- Check your closet to see what cold-weather items need new life. Do your boots need resoling? Time to buy a new coat?
- The new season is at its peak. Fill in your wardrobe with fall's best suits, jackets, and coats.
- Don't forget to score the It bag, shoe, and boots!
- Spring collections make their runway debut in New York, Milan, and Paris.
- Spruce up your wardrobe with extra touches, whether that means cool jewelry, fun belts, or sexy shoes.
- Buy your LBD and all your evening accoutrements now. The holidays will be here sooner than you think.
- Sales alert: look out for deals on coats and cashmere.
- While you should start making headway on your gift lists, think about personal pieces like lingerie. You know you could use some new unmentionables.
- Make sure you have everything in order for all the parties next month.
- It's all about the holidays, and shopping is at a fever pitch. Don’t forget to buy something for yourself.
- Resort collections make a splash in stores. Now’s the perfect time to buy for warm-weather vacations.
A Shopping Calendar: What to Buy When
Posted using ShareThis
Thursday, December 17, 2009
These clothes were inspired by South Beach Miami FL as a vacation
destination during the cold winter months. The models walked to
LMFO : "I'm in Miami Trick." I actually modeled two of the outfits
because a model could not make it at the last minute. It was quite
the stressful day as I was producing the show, showing my own
work and modeling- which meant that I had to sit in hair and
make up for two hours. It was a blast to work with these women.
I love making plus size women feel beautiful and inspired. All of
the items are available for production in custom measurements.