Monday, May 23, 2011

Halston Heritage bags OMG!!! I LOVE IT




Detail picture of  panels
 I was driving around town the other day doing errands, you know the usuall, groceries, filling the gas tank, G. T. L. :)  I decided to stop into Nords Rack to see if they had any great deals. I saw a bag that caught my eye. It was a super pretty bag with a rose gold leather detail and  it had a gold chain handle. Two trends I know are pretty hot right now so I snagged it. later when I got home I did some research and I am sooooo excited about this bag. Everyone who reads my blog knows how much I love SJP!!!! well I just learned (late for a fashionista) that Sara Jessica Parker is the president and creative director for Halston Heritage. Halston Heritage is the new diffusion line launched in 2009.  SJP wore a few of teh inagural designs on teh set of the Sex and teh city 2 set. It is inspired by the Halston archives and the glamourous fashion of the 1970's studio 54 crowd.  Described as retro-chic the clothes are effortlessly elegant and fun.

I read the ELLE  article a while ago, when they announced that SJP had a new line, but what I didn't know is how affordable her line would be. When she took on her first fashion job creating a line for Steve and Barry's I was diaspointed by the lack of quality and luxury in the clothes. This venture is nothing like that one. My bag is a sumptuous leather with a weighty gold chain, and soft cotton lining. The dust bag is even luxurious. It makes you feel like you have something special on your arm. ARM CANDY :) The  bag was originally $400 and I scored it for $99!!!!  even if you pay full price they're about the same cost as Coach, Marc by Marc Jacobs and  the Juicy Couture brand  bags.  If I ever get to meet SJP I want her to sign it. You know me I don't get all excited about sports or go to concets and chant Lady Gaga's name. But fashion... that I get excited about and SJP is my fashion icon. So this bag is kismit! It totally makes up for the Dolce bag i passed up several years ago and never stopped dreaming of and  it makes up for my Marc Jacobs yellow bag debockle too. Im sooo happy to take this lill girl home and put her in my closet with her new family of designer duds.
 Here are some other color blocked options. I love the neon yellow bag  too


No comments:

Post a Comment