Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Chanel Jacket





















This is a Chanel Jacket that I am working on with a very talented friend. He will construct the jacket since he has way more experience than I do. He is showing me step by step how to do this project. I hope I will learn a lot about garment construction and be able to help as much as possible with the hands on aspects. Today 1/22 we cut out a fabric copy of the pattern and all the fabric. This is "Peaches"


This is "Peaches"

In a project like this gathering the materials and having a discerning eye for quality are crucial.
I scoured the internet, and every fabric store I could find to select the materials. After months of looking the right fabric if finally spoke to me.

The fabric I have selected is Gorgeous!!! it's a navy and white wool tweed with red, coral and fuchsia tartan cross grains running through it. The lining is going to be a beautiful navy silk.
The buttons are red lucite with brass crests on them they are fun and young but also classic. It was very hard to find the perfect buttons.



No comments:

Post a Comment